F.P.Journe-tråden

Highlights:
FP Journe has won 7 GPHG (3 Aiguille D'Or, 2 men's watch, 1 special jury prize, and 1 complicated watch prize). Not sure if this is true but he won so many times that it was because of him that they changed the rules and now the company/watchmaker that wins the Aiguille D'Or cannot participate the year after (he won 2004, 2006 and 2008).

Released the first wrist watch in 1991, in 1994 won the Gaia watchmaker of the year award, in 1999 the chronometres collection is released (he designed it 4 years earlier), in 1999 also presents the first tourbillon watch with "remontoir" (he created this in 1982), in 2000 releases the "sonnerie souverain", in 2000 he invents the first ever resonance wrist watch, in 2001 he introduced the first ever movement to ensure precision timekeeping for 5 days when not worn (Collection octa), this movement can also incorporate many different complications into the same "shell", all octa collection watch are exactly the same size and thickness (no matter the complication, amazing!), 2002-2012 wins many awards see above, in 2008 introduces the ultra thin minute repeater, in 2012 he launches the chronometre optimum which he calls the "masterpiece" and houses his manufacture movement and all the technologies that he has developed (parallel arrangement of double barrel with two springs, the constant remotoire device (patented), the EBHP high performance bi-axial escapement housing two wheels and working without lubricant and what else do you want? come on!

His famous "Invenit e Fecit" really is the perfect wording for what him and his company are about. This means that ALL FP Journe watches are invented and made in house. The dial, the hands, the crown, the case, the strap, the balance, the date, the movement, everything. You will see this very clearly on all his watches. If you look closely if you look an FP Journe from the side you will see that the crown will ALWAYS be dead center because aesthetically this is what looks best. Other high end brands have created great movements but "pile on" different layers onto the movement for different complications, in these cases the crown would be off-center if you look at the watch from the side.

@Havvo og @Edzilla

Hvordan 'holder' tantalumet seg etter at dere har hatt hver deres CB en stund nå? Blir det noe scratches og/eller hairlines, eller er tantalum virkelig så mye mer resistent enn andre metaller?

Det ser helt dønn likt ut såvidt jeg kan se på min klokke. Virker som det er knallhardt

Min er nå ett år og tre mnd.er gammel. Like strøken er kassa. Ikke så mye som ett eneste merke. Det eneste som jeg har å utsette klokken på er AR coatingen. Den kunne vær tykkere og i en bedre kvalitet, eller aller helst kunne de droppet den helt.
image.jpeg

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Frost og aksgro
Min er nå ett år og tre mnd.er gammel. Like strøken er kassa. Ikke så mye som ett eneste merke. Det eneste som jeg har å utsette klokken på er AR coatingen. Den kunne vær tykkere og i en bedre kvalitet, eller aller helst kunne de droppet den helt.
Vis vedlegg 11440

Hvem av dere har rett angående AR coating? https://www.instagram.com/p/BCGgI5Vi__i/

"Journe's determination to not use anti-reflective coating; combined with a mirror dial, makes this piece super tricky to capture..."

Hvem av dere har rett angående AR coating? https://www.instagram.com/p/BCGgI5Vi__i/

"Journe's determination to not use anti-reflective coating; combined with a mirror dial, makes this piece super tricky to capture..."

Beklager så mye. Det er jeg som surrer. Seff er det ikke AR coating på noen av FPJ sine klokker. Det var jeg som hadde noen merker på glasset. Trodde i et svakt sekund at det var ripe, eller skadet AR coating. Tror også det var @Timekeeper som dro meg i beinet å disset disse merkene på en GTG. Men nå er klokka polert med kluten, og glasset er spotless!