Drag & Salt

sunshine

Støttemedlem
Medlem
16. jan. 2014
Sted
I see my good friend Bill Heath is suiting up. I knew him the time he held the world record for the fastest time in a 6.5 Turbo Diesel Chevy, I was with the crew at sometime. I'll put out some pix and drag racing at a later date.

I was told Bill and the other drivers of the car (622) were doing emergency evacuation rehearsals. Small car, very close quarters and limited room for moving about. The exhaust pipes love monster energy.

image1.jpeg
image3 (1).jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg
image0 (1).jpeg
IMG_3226.JPG

Sorry Paul, the video is not on You Tube. Never thought to upload it as it was a little something for all of us. I'll see what I can do later though.

Glad you like the pictures though.

Yesterday was 'lunch your motor' for a few teams so there was a trail of tears going in to the pits. Some are able to affect repairs (affect or effect?) but there's a few who were leaving the last night. Hope springs eternal.

Our little '31 coupe apparently had a leak at the secondaries which wasn't detected until Carter, 17 year old son of Adam, was given the 'Go' at the line and then there was this primitive joy/racer's nightmare called "FIRE!" Fortunately they were able to get it out before Carter could remember the first step in evacuating the car and didn't hit the fire suppression bottles. Nothing damaged but the air cleaner and that was from ripping it out of the hole in the hood to get at the source.

Someone dropped a small jewler's screwdriver on the return road though. Front tire or the tow vehicle kicked it up and it speared the rear tire so I got to run into town with the spare tire and wheel to get the rubber swapped over (different lug pattern)...one more thing on the to do list...get the lugs all uniform in size and bring the right wheels,

So, when the full moon rose last night, all was understood. Hope springs eternal this morning as the sun rises and we'll be on the line right behind the crews trying to back up their record attempts yesterday.

Here’s Adam coaching his son on egress procedures. Carter is self motivated, hard working and a lot of fun to be around.
image18.jpeg
image19.jpeg
image21.jpeg

Hey buddy !! Great to hear from you. Pictures are awesome !!! Bonneville was great this year. Salt was perfect. A little warm but one of the best seasons I've seen since I've been going. Was awesome to see George Poteet and The Speed Demon go 470 mph. That car is unbelievable !! Hope you get to come back over for it some day, hopefully I'll still be kicking !! Take care buddy & stay in touch !! Your buddy Kurt, aka The Old Dog !!

I see my good friend Bill Heath is suiting up. I knew him the time he held the world record for the fastest time in a 6.5 Turbo Diesel Chevy, I was with the crew at sometime. I'll put out some pix and drag racing at a later date.

I was told Bill and the other drivers of the car (622) were doing emergency evacuation rehearsals. Small car, very close quarters and limited room for moving about. The exhaust pipes love monster energy.

Vis vedlegg 214982Vis vedlegg 214983Vis vedlegg 214984Vis vedlegg 214985Vis vedlegg 214986
Chopped A-Ford rods, are rad!

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Grendel og sunshine
Chopped A-Ford rods, are rad!

This roadster is a 1931 Ford with a Chevy big block 454 bored over to 496. Custom stuff plus heads ect. Normally there's a blower on it but, given the short turn around time from pulling out from under 8 years of junk and getting here they just stuffed a big Holley carb on it and called it good. Carb had sat for several years too.

Må være syk opplevelse

It was always exciting to get a long haul flight across the Pond.@andres I flew in at Seattle once as a friend lived there.

Then we drove down to Bonneville salt flats in his supped-up 6265 Dually. I used to give it hell and push it to the limit on the Highway. The angles always looked after me coz I never got a ticket.
"It might be understandable" This was the rundown if I remember everything on the engine, a 6•2 is the bottom half & 6•5 is the top of a Chevy turbo diesel. The engine had a Heath Diesel hot cam, was balanced and blue printed, had gear drive. Heads, intake manifold, an exhaust manifold were port matched heads and intake manifold were gasket matched. Harland-Sharp roller rockers.

Upper and lower intake manifolds, heads, and exhaust manifolds were extruded-honed.
Had propane injection, 3dl of propane to 1 liter of diesel.
A water-methanol mist injection to cool the exhaust temperature. A large turbo. High Output injectors.
A 8-10 cm downpipe to 10 cm exhaust, no cat, and dual 10 cm tail pipes to 15 cm exhaust tips.
Then the whole thing was ruined because 2 different rod bearings were used, King on the rod cap and Federal on the connecting rod, which caused the King bearing to flatten out ruining the crank and connecting rods! When I returned to Norway he phoned to tell me it wasn't my fault but I was getting the blame, "why" coz someone has to...

"He just had to complain"...In Reno I told Paul R he could drive if he wanted to, if he could find his way out of Reno, he did. So off across the rolling hills at a rather high rate of speed. Got to Winnemuca to go to Walmart and get some water. Paul R turns right at the stop sign, but didn't stop first. At the second stop sign he turns right, without stopping!! Parks in the lot and we go in to buy some stuff. We come out and Paul drives again. At the stop sign, next door to the Nevada Highway Patrol Office, he runs that sign also with a right turn. I say Paul did you see those stop signs? Yes he says! I said you didn't stop. What, he says, you mean you have to stop at them. I believe he said, if no one is coming you don't have to stop. Said we are not in Norway!
16016233673132256794906823473978.png
Screenshot_20200920_081135_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Redigert: