Torsti Laine a watchmaker from Finland in Switzerland

Medlem
13. mai 2019
Sted
Sverige

Torsti Laine an independent watchmaker from Finland in Switzerland

After a graduate of the Finnish School of Watchmaking, Torsti has working at Lange & Sohne in Germany and at Voutilainen in Switzerland.

In 2014 he received the Lange Watchmaking Excellence Award. Today he run his own watchmaking company Laine Watches in Le Locle, Switzerland.

tlpicc.jpg

Torsti manufactures most of the components itself, such as the dials.​

tl2.jpg

This model is called Gelidius 2, The word ‘gelidus’ means ice-cold and frosty in Latin.

Both the dial and the movement have been given this frosted technology that can be compared to a slightly coarser blasting.

The case in stainless steel is 40,5mm that is a perfect size for my 7,5" wrist.

tl12.jpg

Torsti offers a lot of different dials options and is no stranger to the customer's own ideas.

I ordered a fumed glacier dial with polished romans and stick markers and polished hands.

A very successful combination in my opinion.

tl11.jpg

It is very easy to read as it has anti-reflective coated sapphire crystal. There is also one on the back as well.

tl10.jpg

Movement LA18.1 manually wind, 18000 bph, 50 hours power reserve.

tl14.jpg

The movement is based on Unitas 6498-1 but most of the parts is made in house. There is a lot of unique parts and all polishing like screws and bevels are made by hand.

tl13.jpg

A black 20/18mm alligator strap with a stainless steel buckle and quick release springbars.

tl15.jpg

So maybe we should getting closer?

A nice crown in right size that is easy to use that is important IMHO on a manual watch.

tl9.jpg

The outside of the case have some basted parts too.

tl8.jpg

So just let us looks a little closer at the movement.

tk4.jpg

The click spring.

tl7.jpg

One side of the balance bridge.

tl3.jpg

A well finished 3/4 plate.

tl4.jpg

The other side of the balance bridge.

tl5.jpg

Really great bevels. I am very impressed of the finish at this watch, it is top notch I want to say.

tl6.jpg

tl17.jpg

tl16.jpg

tl1.jpg