Selges Ny klokkebok: "100+ No BS Watch Tips"

Tidssonen

Administrator
Forumleder
Medlem
1. okt. 2007
100+ No BS Watch Tips.jpg

100+ No BS Watch Tips er nå tilgjengelig i Tidssonen Webshop. Årets must-read for entusiaster og folk og bransjen, skrevet av urmakeren og Instagram'eren @nobswatchmaker.

Tidssonen Webshop: "100+ No BS Watch Tips" (link)

Beskrivelse:
An uncommon guide to watches, watchmaking, & the watch industry. This is seriously not your average watch book. Watchmaking is complicated... but it doesn’t have to be boring. Whether you’re a watch enthusiast, watch salesperson, aspiring watchmaker, or just looking to get into the watch industry, this book is for you.

Om forfatteren:
My name is Anthony. Some of you guys may know me as the No Bullshit Watchmaker on Instagram (@nobswatchmaker). I'm a Swiss, Rolex, Omega, and Jaeger-LeCoultre trained watchmaker.

I’ve worked on watches since I was 12 years old. (Talk about having a childhood...) I apprenticed under a master watchmaker at the time and boy did I hate it. I literally hated it. If you expected to read a story about a young kid who loved horology and devoted his whole life to it, look elsewhere. You are not finding that shit here.

I had no childhood. I woke up at 5:30AM every day to work on watches, went to school by 8AM, went home, went back to watches till dinner, sleep, rinse, and repeat. Others may say I'm lucky to have had the opportunity, sure. I hated it though at the time because I was a kid. All my friends woke up late as shit and watched cartoons and played outside. I had to sit on a bench from morning to night. It definitely wasn’t fun.

As I got better in watchmaking, I eventually got myself a job servicing a shit ton of brands. I literally serviced almost every single major brand out there. I saw firsthand all the flaws in different brands. I continued working because it paid well especially for a 14 year old kid. I went to school for physical therapy and paid for my own tuition every step of the way by working as a watchmaker on the side.

I contribute my unbiased views (I hope) to the fact that I actually hated watchmaking at one point in my life. I could have left the field and not given a single flying rats ass.

100+ No BS Watch Tips-2.jpg

100+ No BS Watch Tips-3.jpg

100+ No BS Watch Tips-4.jpg

Tidssonen Webshop: "100+ No BS Watch Tips" (link)

• Liker
Reaksjoner: Greg og Collettmuller